The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Musk and X take a legal hit

Graybeard

A US 9th District Court ruled that it is legal to scrape data available to the public; in this case Twitter's (X's) content.

>>>``U.S. District Judge William Alsup in San Francisco ruled on Thursday that X, formerly Twitter, failed to plausibly allege that Bright Data Ltd violated its user agreement by allowing the scraping and evading X's own anti-scraping technology.

Alsup said using scraping tools is not inherently fraudulent, and giving social media companies free rein to decide how public data are used "risks the possible creation of information monopolies that would disserve the public interest."
The judge also said X was not entitled to "de facto copyright ownership" in copyrighted content that X's users made available to the public.
Lawyers for X did not immediately respond on Friday to requests for comment.

Or Lenchner, Bright Data's chief executive, said in a statement: "Bright Data's victory over X makes it clear to the world that public information on the web belongs to all of us, and any attempt to deny the public access will fail." ``<<<

I engage Claude AI robo-brain and ask of it:
Me: Both of these rulings came from the same US Court District. Speculate as to the precedent of the LinkedIn case applies to this case in the court's judgements in Bright Data's favor

1715534756519.png

This is an AI opinion and not an opinion of a licensed Attorney at Law -- use with caution --you have been warned!

elon-red-clown-suit.jpeg

:D

Last edited:
giving social media companies free rein to decide how public data are used "risks the possible creation of information monopolies that would disserve the public interest."
Umm....Google? Meta? Are they not information monopolies?

public information on the web belongs to all of us, and any attempt to deny the public access will fail.
It has already succeeded, at least has started to.

If you ask me, Elmo Mush is having a meltdown both in his businesses and in Twitter, that he bought and renamed X.
Can anybody fill me in on his obsession with the letter X? I think he even named one of his sons X, didn't he?

well x.com
Musk bought it

Bash:
dig CNAME  x.com

; <<>> DiG 9.18.18-0ubuntu0.22.04.2-Ubuntu <<>> CNAME x.com
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 43101
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 1232
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;x.com.                         IN      CNAME

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
x.com.                  300     IN      SOA     a.u10.twtrdns.net. noc.twitter.com. 2023121201 3600 600 604800 300

;; Query time: 51 msec
;; SERVER: 1.1.1.1#53(1.1.1.1) (UDP)
;; WHEN: Mon May 13 20:35:07 EDT 2024
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 99

:: Autism spectrum Range of neurodevelopmental disorders:: this I guess?
Musk is not so clever these days --this is one possible explanation.

Twitter controls the DNS for x.com

noc (networks operation center) not sure why the ownership is Registrant Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
Strange it's obfuscated this way.

Seems a bit 'artistic' :D

I don't know much about autism at all, it hasn't affected my family so it doesn't interest me. I read Musk was "on the spectrum" in an interview he gave, that is all. His outlandish ideas probably stem from his condition. By outlandish I am referring to his offers of humans travelling to Mars, some of his business ideas and inventions, his various proclamations about Ai, climate, etc.

I am a developer but don’t understand the complexities of a site like X.com setup, I’m sure it is a massive undertaking.

I am a developer but don’t understand the complexities of a site like X.com setup, I’m sure it is a massive undertaking.
A CNAME is just a domain redirect line entry
each domain has a plaintext file record on a DNS server
1715680344657.png

• BIND: rndc reload or systemctl restart named
  • Microsoft DNS: Usually automatic, or net stop dns && net start dns
  • PowerDNS: pdns_control bind-reload-now
  • Knot DNS: knotc reload
  • NSD: nsd-control reload
It is complicated to create a front end tool for the DNS account users however. Like the form multiple might use at a hosting company.

A CNAME is just a domain redirect line entry
each domain has a plaintext file record on a DNS server

Thank You Graybeard.

It looks like they have around 10 name servers for their main domain, but that's not what I meant.

I was thinking of the server architecture (physical capacity, computing power, and storage) for such a massive social media platform.

Has your EV been delivered. I need to read your other posts.

Has your EV been delivered. I need to read your other posts.
Waiting --today picked up from the dealer 16:00 yesterday --anxiety day again.
They just messaged new problems to me; not moving returning car to dealer -- charge --lights left on maybe?
Driver stopped over in Chicago (4 hrs away) and couldn't move the vehicle, salesman said it was showing 111 miles remaining 75% charge when they drove it onto the trailer. What this will end up costing me?
Oh No Omg GIF by Offline Granny!

I was thinking of the server architecture (physical capacity, computing power, and storage) for such a massive social media platform.
IDK we handled 6 TB per day with a few racks with backup and redundancy but DNS requests a rather small and the user browser and the user's system cache the requests. So, it's not really repetitive per user as the IP location come from the user's system cache --first --if not present it is looked up.
That is why you have to flush your system cache when moving domains.

I use dig @8.8.8.8 or @1.1.1.1 instead of the local cache
SERVER: 8.8.8.8#53(8.8.8.8) (UDP)
SERVER: 1.1.1.1#53(1.1.1.1) (UDP)

However I altered my system
I am doing lookups every time in this order because i need to see the latency on my domains
they run in this order -- and not the user default first nameserver 127.0.0.53
Bash:
nameserver 1.1.1.1
nameserver 8.8.8.8
nameserver 8.8.4.4
nameserver 127.0.0.53
search attlocal.net

I don't know much about autism at all, it hasn't affected my family
It has mine, one of my nephews has it and now that you've enlightened me, it makes perfect sense, so thank-you. :)

High functioning autistics can get tunnel vision (obsessive) on an area of interest and sometimes excel at it. In my nephew's case, it's anything with a running engine - trains, planes, farm machinery, etc. I guess in Elon's case that includes, among other things, the letter X.

It has mine, one of my nephews has it and now that you've enlightened me, it makes perfect sense, so thank-you. :)

High functioning autistics can get tunnel vision (obsessive) on an area of interest and sometimes excel at it. In my nephew's case, it's anything with a running engine - trains, planes, farm machinery, etc. I guess in Elon's case that includes, among other things, the letter X.

I enlightened you, awe. I could enlighten you better about things I actually know something about. I am sorry to hear about your nephew, but it's nice there is something he enjoys and that might turn into a possible career for him.

banners
Back